It’s that time of year.. Summer in Europe but more importantly my favourite place, Italy. Below are my top 5 recommendations of things to do if you happen to be traveling around the Amalfi Coast:
1. Do yourself a favour and book a boat trip with Pasqualino Coast which departs daily from Sorrento to Capri, Ischia and the Amalfi Coast. Not only will you see beautiful sights such as the blue and green grottos, you’ll also get the chance to swim in the Mediterranean Sea, meet other travelers be guided by a passionate crew.
2. Do a hiking tour with Sorrento Hiking who offer a range of hikes such as the Path of the Gods, Ieranto Bay and Capri to name a few. You’ll experience amazing views and breathtaking scenery, you’ll also learn about flora and fauna and history about the town. Don’t forget to pack your walking gear!
3. Have lunch at Da Adolfo in Positano where you take the free boat from the main pier. Choose your meal from the board of available dishes of the day and enjoy the great food, views and ambience. Take your towel if you want to hang around after lunch for a swim as they offer sun beds.
4. Visit the Hot Springs in Baia di Sorgeto in Ischia. You can take ferries from Sorrento and Positano. When you arrive, take the bus to Panza and walk down the hill until you reach the descent to the beach. If you’re lucky you’ll get to meet Leonardo who is a local and sells natural clay which you can apply to your face and body.
5. Have a drink at The Wine Bar in Sant’Agnello if you want to avoid the tourist town of Sorrento and enjoy an extensive selection of wine, good food and great cocktails. The staff are super friendly and best of all is the live music on certain nights.